Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

loading 1850s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wako_jako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: loading 1850s
    Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:09am
we had some 1850s built even tho we gave the guy the drivers
he didnt load the cab or make the holes to put the drivers in how can get round the back to screw one in as its a tight gap?

josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:16pm
he didnt cut the holes for the speaker or for the bolts?
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 4:27pm

It doesnt really tell you how it was achieved, but heres a very similar thread

Brought to you by "the master of hyperlinking relevent threads"

Edited by Jake_Fielder - 30 January 2008 at 4:29pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 8:55pm
oh dear , i doubt you will be able to get a driver in there then, made that mistake before, looks like you may have to start again...

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 9:34pm
Sell em on ebay!!!! no one will know untill they get em HAHAHHA Evil%20Smile

But seriously, you should be able to do it, the guy in the other thread did it.

I assume you mean the bold holes were missing, not the driver hole.... cos that would be serious!!!

But if the worst comes to the worst, i'd hack off the lid, cut the baffle hole/bolt holes sand down the scraps of lid and hard glue then fit a new top on it.

wako_jako View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wako_jako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 7:29am
the hole for the drivers cut out , just henever iftted the t nuts or even made holes to screw the driver in 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 7:50am
not quite so much of a problem then but still not ideal, have you tried getting a drill through the access panel? im guessing its going to be tight, ive been here before with the seleniums and its not the end of the world, howether the seleniums had an almost completely removeable side right in front of the drivers so i wasnt in such a tight space, still doable though, just not easy...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 7:52am
did he rout some wiring in or is that going to be an afterthought too? still not end of the world but not ideal...

edited because ther is in fact a 'T' in rout might even be an 'E' as well cant remember but at least im trying...

Edited by Markk James - 31 January 2008 at 7:55am
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 9:52am
one of these should do the trick, flexible drill shaft:

Or perhaps one of these angled drill chucks:

also available from screwfix:

rezsbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rezsbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 1:59pm
they are indeed very cool little drills!!
 Post Reply Post Reply