Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any designs that use a 21'' and gets 145db?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 4:17pm
Yes 2x15", 2x18" is more like a 24", talking Sd.

Quote a subwoofer that reach an output of 145 peak
Forget peak, it's often nothing more than a theoretical 6-10 dB above continues, so 139 dB continues. So 109 dB/W/m, which is still an incredible lot in the bass range in half space. Either some sort of peak from a single enclosure somewhere high up above it's usable bandwidth or from a multiple of cabinets (or a single in 1/4 or 1/8 space).

Aiming at something like ~104 dB/W/m @ 100 Hz (1/2 space) would be far more realistic.

Dre collier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dre collier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:51am

Okay I see wat you guys are saying but wat if I wanted to do something like bassmaxx's deuce, it reaches 145 peak!! but again he is using B&C 12''' is there any better 12''s than B&C????

PRIMETIME
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 3:10am
The F221 works well and is earth shatteringly loud, but only because of the driver I suspect and you can't buy them - dual voice coil, custom OEM job and without the neo magnets the cab would be virtually unmoveable. It's a very different sound to the TSW-721's of old. If you tried to copy the design with an off the shelf 21 I suspect the loading would rip the driver to bits quite quickly.

Upper bass is good from them but there are limits to how fast it can go obviously and I'd be inclined to have a few twin 18's or twin 15's on top of them as well
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Dre collier Dre collier wrote:

Okay I see wat you guys are saying but wat if I wanted to do something like bassmaxx's deuce, it reaches 145 peak!! but again he is using B&C 12''' is there any better 12''s than B&C????

Yeh the bassmaxx goes loud.It was measured at a sub shoot out,but it didnt go low.
B&C 18sound all similar good quality.
You can get 'super woofers'but they are expensive and are usually used for car audio/ extreme home theatre
BenW8C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenW8C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 10:35am
I'm aware of the fact that this threat is more than 10 years old, but I'm really curious about the difference you are talking about between F221 and TSW721. I'm trying to find either of them, how do you like both? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12