Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ravehorn update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 5:48pm
Wow thats some cool looking program, and if it does have of what you say it must be amazing. I thought I was being cool with a rack mountable PC with two audio outs fed into a mixer, and controlling it all from my laptop, but it's not even close 

Awaiting with bated breath the loading of you ravehorn and the release of you program
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:07am
Yeah good effort doing it yourself! I use Virtual DJ and that works nice and has slick pitchbending/looping and self mixing(does an amazingly good job too!) but my damn rack case weighs 18kg by itself

Why can't audio perfectionists move over here? I'm sick of >60hz Bose and jbl bandpass bins continuously bottoming out
Speaker addict
rastaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:21am
Theres DBMix for us free software users, but it doesn't look like it's been developed since 2002

I like the idea of having one channel dedicated as cue, and one channel dedicated as main mix, but I trusted myself and a hardware mixer more, so I just use a 'proper'  mixer and have a left deck and right deck setup. I don't really need pitch shift, so it works out easier all round. Plus it's a bit more bombproof.
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 5:01am
gonna load the ravehorn with its first speakers tomorrow...  nothing special, just 4 200wRMS 12"s to give it a spin on saturday night (give the 1850's a bit of a break from having to huff & puff at 40+hz
heres the 15minute cab i built...
  no compliance (i'm too lazy to actually build a box!
  when i've played with these i'll decide whether to invest in some decent 12's or more 18's & then build a good box for it...

What I cannot create, I do not understand
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:47am

The ravehorn sounds well meaty  only problem is the speakers sound like a lada doing 100 down the M23 (stamped steel carcass might as well have been tissue paper.)  Second problem was the amp powering it went into vesuvius mode half way through the night & filled the dj booth with nice smelling smog.  I tried to bottle up the smoke from the amp and put it back , but it wouldnīt do much except just make an unhappy humming noise...  exactly what 2 expect for an amp that cost 60quid!

One of the old speakers snapped a coil too, even though they were no where close to xmech (xmax of 2mm... xmech~20mm)  Prolly damaged the speaker years ago but never noticed b4!

Even with only 600w to the ravehorn there was noticable extention with 5K going into the 1850īs.  Needs massively stronger speakers & masses more power to really shake the club tho.  The 1850īs were really pelting out the kick crossed over at 80hz too, bracketting the power that was being wasted down below to the kick frequencies really makes the 1850īs shine.

Was looking at these 10īs or 12īs to drive the ravehorn

http://www.profissom.com.br/10p4.htm

http://www.profissom.com.br/12p4.htm

12 looks a bit too flexible, but the 10 looks fairly tough.  Could easily put 4-8 of those 10s onto the ravehorn without going overly mad on the compression ratio, with 8 of the 10p4īs could prolly drive it with 8k without melting the coils, i reckon it needs about that to really shake the dance floor...

What I cannot create, I do not understand
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 10:45am
brutal. the only word for it. i'm very much liking the look of those 10s, they
have very adult looking motors though i couldn't figure out too much from
the portuguese spec. they should be nice and 'fast' (hee hee) and i'm sure 8k
is a reasonable figure as presumably the loading is very stiff.

james.
rastaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 11:07am
Bugger, your right, I was going to suggest using Babelfish but that can't work when the text is embedded into a jpeg file 

Man maybe we should all arrange a field night out at Roborgs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123