Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 pole mount to X15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobbyist2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 pole mount to X15
    Posted: 21 March 2005 at 3:34pm
I'm using one X1 and one X15 per side right now, and I'd like to put a recessed pole mount adaptor on the  X1. Would this hurt the X1's performance in any way? Also,
would there be a weight issue with the X15?

Thanks

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 3:55pm
I can't see it being a problem as far as performance is concerned.  Just make sure you get the deep top hats as the depth of the port on the X15 means they're a bit front heavy where you have to mount the top hat
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Hobbyist2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobbyist2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:20pm
thanks norty, I wasn't aware of the X15 port issue. If I only had time to build 2 additional X1's or maybe some HD15's I wouldn't need the pole mounts. My only other option is that I do have 1 tripod, so I could purchase another and set the X1's on the inside of the tripod with the X15's on top.  I just wasn't sure if this would cause sound issues, but I think all the pole hardware with equal the price of an Ultimate tripod.

Edited by Hobbyist2004
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 5:22am
I have built the cab and the port doesn't interfere with a good mouting of the top hat. I could place the top hat above the centre of gravity and don't use a deep top hat. In actual fact I would have preferred placing the top hat back a bit to give the cab a slight tendancy to lean forward.
 Post Reply Post Reply