Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F218

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 3:47am
Mykey do you have pics of your subs. Always heard of it but never seen it. What drivers do you use? What type of design is it?
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 8:09am
BPH 21'' driver is funktionone 21
Mykey Wattco
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 9:13pm
Pics?
Cabayazzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabayazzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2016 at 10:09pm
Yes, PIC's 
I would love to see Your Bass Bins.
KidCreole.
and also any kind of measurement...on them.
To Validate Your statement...against an F218.
Thanks!
Ventsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ventsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2016 at 11:34pm
Dear everybody,

I'm a long time F1 customer and I have a full system in my club - 4x R4S, 4x F218 MK1, monitors RM15 with amps 2x E25 and 2x E45. All bought brand new in 2008.

Recently I started having problems with my system. I realized I had 4 18-inch drivers dead. I didn't have time to order recone kits so I tried to repair them the stupid way. They lasted a night and a half and they died again.
I'm now in a dilemma should I order recone kits for them, which will take time, or should I buy brand new drivers altogether. I know they use Fane drivers, but I don't know which ones exactly.
Then there's the other question. If I'm replacing the drivers altogether, should I use exactly the same ones, should I use new model Fane, or should I use another brand?

I'm very lame on this subject so please excuse me if some of the questions are stupid. I'm just trying to get help and decide what to do so the system works the best.
I liked the sound type of the F218s when they were working properly. My club is strictly house music, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 3:20pm
I would get your drivers reconed!
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Cabayazzo Cabayazzo wrote:

Kid Creole:
Thanks for the response!
Would You Upload a PIC of those subs that put shame onto the F-218's?
I am in need of 4 Subwoofers to compliment 4 18" Single-Vented QSC's Bass Bins.
They work OK, But the Size of the venue is too Big.
The Music Playing @The Club is Bass heavy House, & Techno.
Capacity is 600 ppl.
No way You can provide sufficient Bass with only 4 Vented Boxes.
Hence the need to compliment. 
I am in Monterrey Mexico, and it's almost impossible to buy F1's Here, because of Shipment and Import Fee's, they become twice as expensive as in UK.

I am looking to get the F1-F218 sound, or, as closely as possible, and You guys are waay ahead of Us...
I would love if You could share Your insights and knowledge in Sub World.
I would be very Proud to bear a Box with outstanding Performance, in my home town, for sure!

Thanks in Advance!

Cabayazzo

es18 and usb are bandpass horns and quite similar to f1 and turbosound, they are free plans and i think you better sell your qsc as they would play around the same frequencies you can cover with f1 218/es18/usb.
8 es18 would be a good start and would be louder than the 4 vented boxes.
i also think a 600 capacity venue is quite big and if you're playing bass heavy music and want it loud but you dont like putting the drivers close to death every night, you may need more than 8 bass bins.
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 5:58am
If they are 18b600s with no heatsink I have just two of those, can have one more made.
Still I wonder, new kits are 800W, F118 450W I think?
It makes sense in long term use as chamber can get really warm.
I don't believe they have magnets in front chamber like es18bph & f221?
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Diaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 6:56pm
FYI:
Calibrated measurement of the Funktion One F118mk2 with Oberton 18NXB1200

SUBSISTENCE Soundsystem https://t.me/subsistencesoundsystem

Mini Scoop Soundsystems Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/749452582177469/
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 8:06pm
Pretty much what Turbosound (honestly) used to advertise for their version. 60 up.
It's everything, not everythink!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2017 at 10:39am
The original driver I've seen is not really like b600, surround is not the "cheap" "double bubble" but "accordion" surround, I can post a picture.
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819