Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound; The relics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2016 at 12:10pm
That system is a bit like giving a monkey a machine gun---Great gear but they do not have a clue how to use it.
We used to have a 4 stack Hi-Light system that we used in theatres to give the wide coverage required in most venues--The THL2 top cabinets are very wide dispersion and the system shown in the pics is hilarious for obvious reasons!!!!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2016 at 12:37pm
+1 on that, I hope this is just a pic DJ stefanos posted and not his own system
Also I hope this system was rented in by novices and not owned by spoiled idiots ! :-)

By the way I have more to post on here now:
Found the very first fane 15" with small magnet backplate & turbobadge, so that mean I have a collection of first 10", 15", 1" and the oldest tms-2s in the world.

Also I got a hold of 6 pcs tms-3s from pink floyd the wall soundsystem / BBM
I started splitting them in two, but my carpenter friend is a having sex tripper! -He didn't show up when we were supposed to finish it, that's how my life is, me alone in the workshop wondering why the others never showed up:-( -But I have cat and a lot of attractive old speakers :-)

Oh, also I got my TFM-2 dual concentric monitors up & running, I had to fit a different coaxial driver, aktually the b&c coax measured much better with the horn than without! -Even though it appears to be sitting too far back, now I got one from RED audio, that appears to fit better.
Bass is Fane colossus 15B

Edited by tv00 - 25 December 2016 at 12:42pm
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
bobbysdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbysdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 10:08am
Wot a great thread this was/is.
Once a Turbosound lover, always a Turbosound lover.    Thumbs Up

Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 4:22pm
Quote Yes it is an old version, apparently owned by one guy from the early 80s, then bought by someone who I have found has a 12 minute video procrastinating about how he will restore them (on youtube) and waffling on about the old days of real audio. He then has a second video when he inexplicably spends DAYS trying to hand sand one back after stripping it of all hardware and going on about having all the drivers "realigned" or some garbage. That exact stripped down cabinet (and the other original) are what I bought.
Haha, I've seen that video, thought he sounded a bit of a muppet when I saw it.

Quote Apparently after talking sh1t for hours he gave up
Amateur! You've got to talk shit for a lot longer than that before you get anywhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678