Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

diffrent types of woofer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sencesync Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diffrent types of woofer?
    Posted: 17 April 2005 at 3:06pm
i have one question, im really a fan of Madison woofers. and i have here a modified version of the 186 horn *so i cant get introuble if i make more then four on accedent* but i dont want to use anything but Madison speakers. I'm using Madison Exicutioner X 18" 2,000watt series woofers for the horns, and i know that thier EBP and BL is is too low for the 1850 horn, so im using the 186 horn (modified) no really diffrent in the folded area, its a perma mount box, so you cant realy change the woofer out of the back. all the empty spaces for example the top front corner and bottum back corner ares are stuffed with cotten to get rid of ANY echoing out of thoose chambers (if it ever happens) and i exstended the vent out shelf, and added two more fins to give it a unique look. i was going to make a dual tower with it, but its just a tad small, the hole thing is tho, is how well does anything think the madison Exicution X 18" will do in there? if you need specs there at the following site: www.madisonspeakers.com click on raw drivers, and scroll to the bottum of the page, the ExicutionerX 18" and 18" dual voice coil and the Exicution X 21" are there
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 4:51am
The Qts of that driver is much too high, you want something around 0.30 for the 186 horn, and 0.20 for the 1850.
 Post Reply Post Reply