Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 flapper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 flapper
    Posted: 19 April 2005 at 8:29am
We have two variants on the X1 - the design being smaller and the hatch set in the air compartment (hurrm not the best design). The hatch panel is flapping as the nuts have loosened after a year of use and I was wondering if there are any ideas as to how to re-secure the panel.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 8:04am

Re-tighten the nuts?

I'm not sure i understand what you mean....

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 5:24am
Maybe the T-nuts have eaten away at the timber and have come loose. You could always just drill half a dozen or so new holes and put some more t-nuts/bolts in? or maybe drill out the existing holes and use bigger T-nuts so they grab some fresh wood? I had a t-nut come out once because the wood around it gave out,so I rotated it 45 degrees and bashed it in again with a hammer and a dob of PVA,it'll never come out again!
Speaker addict
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 9:44pm
Go to your local car spares shop and get some locktite thread lock and use this on the threads of the bolts will stop them working loose but they can still be undone with a screwdriver
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by C-Audiofreak C-Audiofreak wrote:

Go to your local car spares shop and get some locktite thread lock and use this on the threads of the bolts will stop them working loose but they can still be undone with a screwdriver

While that's valid advice, picking a nine & a half year old thread to put it in probably won't help the OP that much...
 Post Reply Post Reply