Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(horns) If portability was not an issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 5:44pm
if you had 8 metres in depth and width try and optimise a design for streching right to the back with a mouth the full width and maybe double up with 2 drivers in each with that sort of horn length you could get some ridiculously low lows needs some clever designing but could be a fantastic sub club install project, though youd have to completley dismantle the stage, even better though buils from breeseblocks and line it with mdf stupidly strong and minimal resonance without needing for bracing in such a big horn
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
opus jody View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opus jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by doober doober wrote:

Jody- does that horn ever come out to play? I'd love to hear it sometime if you use it around here.

rarely in this country. twice in spain, once in Bristol, once in Plymouth Acadamy. Drivers are all stored safe & dry at the moment.

there's very few venues it can fit in easily, and outside just ain't going to be allowed.
I will find a good home for it one day though.

it comes in 4 bits, but is easy to assemble as long as the ground is fairly flat.
Improvised Hardware Music http://vimeo.com/user9389813/videos
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 11:37pm
another thaught if you wanted with the space available if you streched the stage up a bit you could have a straight kick horn in their too maybe similar to... maybe? http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14565

You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12