Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need opinions on new horn design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 2:44am
Yes I can read(I know where Washington is,even if 50% of american students don't) however Western Australia is relatively remote and not serviced particularly well by timber manufacturers/retailers which is what  I figure is also the problem you(sencesync) are facing.Most people invariably try the retailers first hoping they stock quality wood. Ply is generally expensive and either used in crappy forms as flooring or in small sizes by DIY handymen.
 I was suggesting you try companies who don't do retail sales(wholesalers/manufacturers instead)-because they seem happy to sell one-offs for cash etc(even though they don't have storefronts/smiley sales staff etc) and make big,quality thick sheets for construction/furniture etc and sell to account holders,not Joe Public. It's usually hard to find decent wood on shelves in stores!
In fact,it's very hard in Western Australia to do anything DIY. I have to order ALL DRIVERS from the eastern states(CannonSound ) and wind my own inductors(can only get puny cheap crap) as well as hunt for timber! Kosmic sound can 'order' eminence-takes a month- and rockforce have selenium,both are minimum 60km drives! I'm trapped in a world of mackie srm450s and bose 802s!! AAAAARGHH!!

Edited by LunchieTey
Speaker addict
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123