Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pls help with 8 inch design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pls help with 8 inch design
    Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:04pm
has anyone have a 8 inch horn loaded mid plan or design. I am lookink to incorporate into a mt112. Not the xtro design as the dispersion angle is to wide?
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:24pm
not a plan but one of mykey 8" section is 40ishdeg, [m28d is apparently 40deg I will find out for sure soon as I will have a pair]
so maybey single version of that?
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:44pm
i've designed a 2*8" tapped horn that covers 75Hz-600Hz with a 6db dip at about 350Hz. It's only 35 liters. two cabs are 104dB sensitive with 2.83V into 8R and should handle 1000W at xmax. will go slightly lower and a lot higher than an HD15 and will have similar max output. i'm looking to use it with a unity top section from 300Hz but it might reach a 2" compression driver??? will be building the prototype asap

Phil
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:49pm
I think he means to play 800hz and up, Ie a hi mid design, alought that tapped horn does sound interesting!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 3:09pm
didn't someone scale down an mt121 to 8" size with decent results?
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 3:41pm
boycey i think it was to 10" but i did forget all about that project.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 3:42pm

right, just found the other thread about this. thought the idea was to replace the 12"s with 8"s but this is an extra driver to make it a 3way cab.

Post Reply Post Reply