Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1" compression drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by josh josh wrote:

could it have been the horn? 

That's what my mind is on at the moment.

I'll find a pic of the one used.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:07pm
The only time I've knowingly heard a DE250 they were using a gemini mixer, meant I couldn't make any judgement on how good it was, long! Nevermind I'll own some soonBig%20smile

Edited by darkmatter - 03 July 2008 at 1:08pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Wrighty Wrighty wrote:

You may find there was a large range of frequencies missing when you were just using piezos.

I definately realised that!

I've used DE250s in EV SX300 cabs (fantastic horns in those, but non-removable!) and on some of Tony.A.S.S.'s 75x40 glass fibre horns, but these are quite deep - 23cm or so - unlike many of the 1" horns currently on the market, which don't load the driver properly at lower frequencies. I think Beyma do a reasonable 60x40 horn which is deeper than some of B&C's current offerings.

What I didn't realize was the 80 quid cost of some of the Beyma 1.4 horn's Shocked

**Heavy Weight-Line**
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:15pm
You want a 1" for DE250, but yes, the Beyma horns aren't cheap, even at trade price. P.Audio maybe...? I vaguely remember that they do some which looked quite reasonable. I've still got a couple of the A.S.S. ones but I'm keeping them in case I decide to build another pair of hi-mids.
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:24pm

You want a 1" for DE250

I know they're 1'' Wrighty... I only mentioned the 1.4 as one day we're gonna try out one of those Beyma CP-755Ti's which Arthur G recommends in a MT121 & was looking at prices recently.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12