Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence kappalite 3015 in XM15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eminence kappalite 3015 in XM15
    Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:30pm
It would work really well i think. Sensitivity is great at over 100db.

Anyone tried it or wish to try? You might want to make the port slightly smaller/longer and bring the tuning down to 55hz. the volume is perfect!

my tip of the day...
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
djtuffer View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 9:06pm
I am using those drivers in trap cabs and they work quite well.  I would advise bi-amping as like all eminence drivers they have quite a big mid range peak and would probably need a custom passive crossover.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 12:46pm
yea, I was thinking that you would want a 12db low pass at 1khz then a 2khz high pass on the cd. Bi-amping is always best.
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
djtuffer View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 8:19pm
I have just spent ages messing about with my mid/high trap cabs using these kappalites and psd2002 comps.  Best I could get was with 1.5khz lowpass and 2khz highpass.  Both 24db butterworth.  With cd horn correction and very little eq I have a fairly flat response.  Getting lots more out of them without the passive components.
 Post Reply Post Reply