Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with X15!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jac2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with X15!!!!
    Posted: 11 May 2005 at 12:19pm
Hi,

I will open a bar/cafe in Shanghai. Due to the high price of well known intl brands here and unavailibility and low quality of some local brands, I have decided to build some loudspeakers myself.

We have a 250 sqm (about 2500 sqfeet??) location with a high ceiling and we need to play a wide range of music and also some solo performances now and then)

I though I might try to build the X15's myself since I'm quite experienced with the cabinet part - but I know nothing of speaker design.

Anyway, with some luck I found the P-Audio distributor in China and  ordered the following components:

sn-15mb woofers, bmd 750 compr drivers, ph-3223 flares.

I got it for a very good price ($65, $60 and $25 for the above!!) but i know that the hf driver is different from the one in the plan.

Here's my question:

Will it work with the bmd 750?
What do I do regarding crossovers?

Thank you very much!
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 12:44pm
Try mailing proaudioparts for a recommended crossover for the SD-740 + 1.5"-2" adaptor on the same horn. The response of this combo is likely not the same, but you might get useable results. That's blooming cheap if I may say so.
jac2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jac2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 12:56pm
Thanks broer,

I will mail them. Just one more question - what subwoofer option from this site would you recommend for P-Audio drivers, if posible.  I really need something that's not too big.
 Post Reply Post Reply