Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

<<:::::: Show off your Funktion-One ::::::>>

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 676869
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 1:33am
Using a graphic for room compensation? I wouldn't be so sure. If it's all you have available then fair enough but you already said you have a processor. You also don't just make EQ changes randomly, it's guided by measurement and known test tracks surely?

As has been said already, they may be narrow dispersion boxes with a nice midrange horn but they're not magic and don't break the laws of physics.
Audiowall Systems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audiowall Systems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 10:19am
You are right, you don't make random EQ changes. When I tried the PEQ settings for the W8C on the R5, this was experimenting in the warehouse to see what it sounded like. A 3dB boost at 12kHz sounds good on the W8C, so I thought I would try it on the R5. It didn't sound good on the R5.

I never said they are magic or break the laws of physics but in my experience, I have not needed to apply any EQ for room corrections. Maybe I have not used the system in enough different rooms.
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 10:41am
I HAVE SETUP THIS PAGE ON FB, THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO USE TO GET HOLD OF SECONDHAND F1 & OLD TURBO WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FEES !!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/789783417757048/?pnref=story

Smile

Edited by simo69 - 03 May 2015 at 10:42am
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:42pm
Combe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Combe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 8:21pm
Transformer 

boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2018 at 10:35pm

A little bit of my F1 used for a wedding recently with AVLee. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 676869