Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TH-Mini - tapped horn - by Danley Sound Labs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 12:52pm
Quote have the 2 section the same lenght?

yes!

Long way "driver 1" = Long way "driver 2"
horns plans http://photofile.ru/users/tda-audio/
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2010 at 7:54pm
brilliant! keep us updated, sound very interesting.
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 7:12am
I will wait on the math of that TDA.

See a few issues.
Negative taper at mouth.  Cancellation of the reverse wave and the forward wave.  Doable but not with that exact layout.

Have you built and measured your 12" version TDA?
Also do you use a CNC ?
510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by FlipC FlipC wrote:

See a few issues.
Negative taper at mouth.  Cancellation of the reverse wave and the forward wave.  Doable but not with that exact layout.

Have you built and measured your 12" version TDA?
Also do you use a CNC ?
i have no problem with mine at all the bass response is great, i use a jig to cut all parts remember all the internal parts are cut off one peice of plyboard with a single mesurment  just different lengths have fun with the maths i have the working productsLOL
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 7:53am
So you built one with this layout ?

If so please post pic and some data.

If you built the single 12" you miss understood. (though still post some pics!)
I was referring to the dual layout he has in the pic posted above.  90 degree's isn't anything at low freq. but 180 without anything to tell it to go 180 is another story.

TDA - where you at?
You using a CNC or what?

TDA-Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:31am

steck

powered  by B&C 12tbx100

high pressure in stack

band singl 48 hz

steck  40hz 

darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by FlipC FlipC wrote:

See a few issues.

Are any of these a definite problem though? Seems like resonances would be smoothed by using two horns of very slightly different dimensions. Distortion peaks might also be wider but smaller.

Might not be an absolutely optimal layout but I don't think there'd be serious issues.

For tapped horns a push-pull configuration seems to make more sense. Reduces distortion, smooths BL curve, and with the right sort of loading might help keep the drivers intact at high excursion.

Jason kiDD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason kiDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 2:34pm
Tda when you get a chance see if you can get some plots done on the Mini-12 stecks.. I like the layout! Thanks..
TDA-Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 10:28pm

15" version

mmetro1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmetro1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 4:52am
What is the dimensions of the 15" version? ^^
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 6:14am

Nice !

Really impressive, is the design open to the public to take part of on these boxes ?
(sorry just saw the link, never mind).

I have a thought, or maybe more of a question when looking at the picture above, regarding the initial chamber, cone side, how did you manage the risk for compression distortion due to a what seems like to narrow S2 surface area when operating at higher levels, it seems borderline to small ? (but i'm sure you have thought of this).

The rule of thumb goes something like S2=0.5xsd, but this is not carved in stone so to speak, and it is also driver dependent, i also think this may influense the designs tolerance towards what drivers can be used in it.

My reson for asking is that this was of great importance to me, and it is one paramteter that has alot of followers in the logic of tapped horn design, a smaller S2 surface area may open the door for a more compact design all togheter. 

again, really nice, thanks for sharing.

Edited by martinsson - 09 November 2010 at 6:15am
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112