Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound THL-4 crossover components

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben.wilbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound THL-4 crossover components
    Posted: 28 October 2008 at 4:32pm
Hi,

I've got a pair of THL-4's and one of the compression drivers hasn't been working. After a few tests I think i've found the problem; one of the capacitors on the crossover.

I believe the crossover is the PX-811 (although it could be the PX-811.2) and the capacitor in question is marked:

Turbosound 12A582 CPF 1u5 J 250

I'm pretty certain it's this as the plastic cover is rather melted and after removing from the board i cant get a reading from my multimeter.

I'm wondering if these components are available from turbosound and if not then would a 1.5uf 250v audio-grade capacitor be what i'm after? Where could i get one with quick delivery?

Thanks,
Ben

ben.wilbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben.wilbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 2:34pm
Capacitor sourced + problem solved,

Thanks Peter @ Chrystal!
simdeg80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simdeg80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 6:34pm
hi,
i've 8 thl4 too.
Have you the schematics of the crossover and the type of each driver?
I suspect my are not originals....
HitCliff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HitCliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 3:31pm
Hi,
I've 4 THL-4.
I would like to buy more and a filter capacitor for my Turbosound 12A582 CPF 1U5 J 250 no longer works.
My crossover is another that PX-811.
Can you help me please ?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 5:03pm
where are you, would be a good start

HitCliff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HitCliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 9:19pm
Yes, you're right. Smile
I'm from France
HitCliff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HitCliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 9:32pm
Can you help me?
I find myself with a configuration of 3 THL-4 (who is a good configuration) but I am changing to 2 stacks of 3 THL-4. Or repair my fourth.

Excuse me for my bad translation eventual Confused
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 12:37am
Originally posted by HitCliff HitCliff wrote:

Can you help me?
I find myself with a configuration of 3 THL-4 (who is a good configuration) but I am changing to 2 stacks of 3 THL-4. Or repair my fourth.

Excuse me for my bad translation eventual Confused
No Problem

Pete has a bad habit of making Turbosound problems disappear....

Proper professional, nice guy, worst case you ship the crossover back to him and he repairs, more likely, he will supply parts and detailed instructions....

Pete is probably now Turbosound's main support agent given the MG buy!

Kingjoonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingjoonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2021 at 2:27pm
Hello speakerplans people!

Im sorry to lift this old old topic up but recently I've noticed a difference in my THL811's crossover and it happened to be the value of this 12A582 CPF 1u5 J250 capacitor.

So, desperately I am asking for help to find few of those capacitors to get the one faulty THL811's of mine to work properly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Give thanks, more love.
SALAMARI SOUNDSYSTEM - FINLAND
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2021 at 8:25pm
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

I used Solen caps for Martin Audio cabs crossovers:

Specifically, their 400V Polypropylene type.

Martin Audio used them too, but they were usually branded SCR, which stands for "Societe des Condensateurs Record", the name of the company that makes them. Based near Chateauroux, France.

markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2021 at 10:48pm
I have some Turbo caps.

14 x  23u3 and  6 x 10u.

I bought them in a job lot from the guy that actually makes them, but they have never been used.

No idea what model they were intended for but if they are of any interest message me.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
 Post Reply Post Reply