Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 pics (and others..) now with plots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 3:07am
Then measure up close with the mic on the floor to minimize room interaction. In fact, mic close to the floor is a good idea when measuring any bass cab.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 3:47am
I did anyway, mainly to minimize background noise
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
freddyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 7:58pm
hey norty303

here's your plots lightened - tis obliterated the vertical 10dB per division and frequency markings - but traces are easier to read.

I tried flipping to negative - was ok but needed cleanup and wasn't as festive as original color scheme

my - these look close - f6 around 50 in-room

HD15 and BP6A plots http://home.earthlink.net/~buddhaboy2/Nort

Edited by freddyi
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 4:23am
Yeah, they are pretty similar aren't they
soundgodwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundgodwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 10:10pm
Those look great!!! I am so motivated to get busy on some. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Make the soundman mad and I WILL press the suck button for your band.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 12:09am

Well, i just put 2 X15's (active), 4 HD15's (PD154), and 2 of the BP6 subs into a room thats not very big, but we had the LoFi Allstars playing and it was very pleasant (read: LOUD)

The X15's were really limited and would have gone more but sometimes you need to go to the loo and rather not risk the 'crap DJ' cranking everything.

The subs were crossed at 80hz and the HD15's at 170hz.  The mid tops had a xover of 1.4kz lowpass 12db/oct and 2.1kz hi-pass 12db/oct.

Vocals were nice and intelligible and most suprising of all was the fact i had to wind the mids and tops down by over 6db towards the end of the night as people filtered out, just to keep it sounding nice.

The Ultradrive played up early on (frying bacon) but i found out that a good hard bang on the case fixed it.

The FoH position must've been in a strange position (room mode?) as it didn't seem very bassy, but going to the toilet (2 floors down and 30ft south) i was feeling the floor moving more that 10' directly in front of the stack.

For the first time i never got more than -2.5db display out of any of my amps.

Even the DnB heads were happy. Unfortunately i forgot my camera but there's some shots come'in my way and video footage (complete with silly faces and the most impressive pair of tits you've ever seen)

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 12:20am

Oh, and we were running off a Tascam 2ch scratch mixer which sounded sh*t as soon as you had one red led showing, but had the capacity at less than 1/3 channel gain to push over +6db from the masters.

I spent most of the night riding faders and hassling DJ's but i did get 3 people ask for my number (that'll be the HD15's) including someone with 13k of JBL rig (and i was only pushing 6k)

Simo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 7:51am

Do you a drawing of the 18's design?

thnx

Simo

Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Thought i'd better take some pics before i go ahead and paint them and cover up the lovely woodwork that Dom's done on the most recent set of cabs for me.  2 more HD15's and another of the 2 x 18 Beyma BP6 design.

Simo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 7:52am

Do you have a drawing of the 182 subs in this link guys, they look wicked.

thnx

simo

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 1:02pm

Its in the Beyma design book.  Page 32 or 37 iirc

http://profesional.beyma.com/downloads/Catalogo_de_cajas.zip

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 4:02pm

Just noticed the additional ply on the inside of the HD15.

For what reason did you use the ply, 'cos you had offcuts, or for any other reasons.  Is there any advantage over the timber specified on Rog's diagram?

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2005 at 8:17am
What are you referring to, i can see no additional pieces.  The batten at the front is on the plans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123