Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hazer rmote?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hazer rmote?
    Posted: 21 December 2008 at 4:32pm
i've just picked up a jem techno haze machine, it has a jem zr20 remote with it, i dont think this is the correct remote, and anyway it has  no plug on it, the input to the machine is a 3 pin xlr marked  pin 1 : ground, pin 2: 15v pin 3: 0-10v any ideas on this?

looking around the web, it seems that the original remote has a "prime" button. anyone got any ideas about this?

and before anyone asks, no, i'm not interested in spending £90 on a new remote...

cheers

Rich
Money can't buy you happiness, but it can allow you to be miserable in comfort.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 5:07pm
I've got one somewhere I'll dig it out in a bit and have a looky for you! and from what I can remember yes it does have a prime button, but I think it all it does is shove fluid fluid in at full pelt!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 5:13pm
Ive got a couple of technohaze machines in my hire stock - the remote does have a prime button, which puts the pump to full, higher infact than full output on the variable control

I had one apart a couple of weeks ago to repair the cable clamp inside it, and its considerably more complex than i imagined - with a small, but complex surface mount pcb

Anoyingly, these machines dont seem to start heating untill the remote has been plugged in
so, im afraid you might have to find an original - either new or second hand
 Post Reply Post Reply