Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual 18" on its own

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual 18" on its own
    Posted: 04 January 2009 at 11:39pm
Hey all, Ive got a couple custom Bag End mains from the mid 80's that were given to me and I really need to add some kick/sub to this setup.  Each box has about eight tweeters and two 12" drivers, one playing mid and one playing lows... they sound great, but there really isn't much response at all below 80-100, and for the music I play (primarily house, with hiphop and dubstep too) it doesn't work.

I'm looking to build a dual 18" or two to fit my needs... I'm more looking for something exxxtremely kicky and musical yet will go low enough to be used on its own or as a pair...  I was looking at the Selenium 1805C1 , but I fear it won't go as low as the 2xES18-BPH or similar bins if used on its own.  for this, which do you think is the better choice?

I do plan to build much more of the same bins, or maybe some sub, but as of right now, my budget is only allowing me to build one-two

Thanks
-asaa

Edited by asaa00 - 05 January 2009 at 7:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply