Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barco High End Systems DL series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barco High End Systems DL series
    Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:28pm

http://www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/dl_3.asp

Looking at might need some for a show later this year.

Does anyone have any experience of these.

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 8:06pm
Sexy lights!

Ain't had a chance to use the DL3, only the DL2. And it is quite a nice light, the effects/projections you can do with them is stunning.

The DL1 was originally 'The Medusa' by LSD, who sold it to High end.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
BEWProductions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEWProductions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 4:07pm
I play with DL 2s and 3s at the shop that I work for and have programmed them on a gig once. I think we have like 50 or so dl2s and probably like 20 DL3s. They take some getting used to and need a real lighting console to use effectively such as a whole hog III or a Grand MA. They have something ridiculous like 150 control channels so the organization of the console makes them managable. Otherwise they are really cool and capable of a lot.
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 11:11pm
When my MQ100 turns up (tomorrow I hope) I'm going to try to hook it up to four of these to see what its like with them:

http://www.robe.cz/images/products/ROBE_DigitalSpot_3000_DT.jpg

should be a bit of fun....LOL I've seen them working from a Vista but the software doesn't do them justice yet. Loving the LED was on it as well.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 12:42pm
Quote When my MQ100 turns up

I read this yesterday and it didn't really click in my head...

OOOH!!

You had a Pearl 2004 right?  When i heard you were upgrading I assumed you were going for a newer Avo console.  Was it a bit of a no-brainer decision to go with the Chamsys?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 6:23pm
bit of a no brainer to go with chamsys? I am a fan of the pearl and have used them for years but for the money for the MQ100 expert, i'd get a 2010 pearl which i don't to be honest think is to that far removed from my 2004 to be worth it. I'm not however really a fan of the pearl expert, the extra pallets are nice and the extra playbacks are cool but the MQ gives me all that and much more. I originally brought the Pearl for my own use and as something that I could dry hire earning a few quid every now and then. I made little effort on the dry hire so I'm better off owning a desk that I enjoy using. The Chamsys gives me massive flexibility with leds and media servers as well as proper theatre type stacks with a system that is so easily editable and user friendly. When I can afford it I'll get a PC extra wing as well so I get the extra playback and execute buttons and can use it with just my laptop and entec dongle. I haven't yet used a pearl expert with the titan software so i'd like to see what its like but I think I like the MQ to much Big smile. I can't say yet whether Its a good choice finacially but I'm not a hire company and creatively It'll be good for me. I think that its popularity is growing and its design ethos of bringing the good bits of the pearl and the hog together and making them better has really worked.
 Post Reply Post Reply