Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Punisher question...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Punisher question...
    Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:14am

Guys,

Can anyone tell me how many 8x4 sheets of 15mm ply I need for a pair of punishers?

I'm getting my local timber merchant to cut the panels, but I wan't to know how much it's going to cost in advance.

Lyndon A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 9:57am

I'm 95% sure you can get one punisher onto 1.5 8x4 sheets.

Therefore you can make 2 Punishers from three sheets.  I've been moving the panels onto 8x4 sheets today as an autocad drawing working out the best layout.

MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 1:04pm

Thanks, 8x4 sheets are about £40 each, so that's going to be alright.

If anyone needs wood cut in Bristol I can recommend Avon Plywood in Keynsham, if you give them a cutting list they put it all in the computer and it works out the most economical layout. They do charge a bit extra for cutting, I think it's about 50p a metre after the first 4 metres of cuts, but they are very accurate, I've used them loads of times and they are always within 1mm.

Lyndon A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 1:47pm
We got our ply at £44 for two sheets

so for 50p a metre cut does that include all the mitre cuts? Sounds like quite a good price
MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 2:27pm

Not sure if they do mitre cuts, I always do my own when I get the bits home. I don't think they are the cheapest place, but I've always used them because of their accuracy.

Beavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 3:52pm
MixMan, how much is the 15 out keynsham, im noyl down the road, in brislington.. if i can get my stuff chopped there, there is a little palce in the dings area if you know it, who can do mitre cuts for a price
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 4:09pm

Do Avon supply drawings from their computer, i.e. so you know what sequence they will but the wood?

If you need a dimension such as 578mm x 578mm as on a HD15, will they do this by turning the wood around, and not reset 578mm after cutting another dimension?

MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 3:14am

Beavis, it's around £40 a sheet for 8x4 15mm birch ply.

Andrew, I've never asked to see a drawing of how they are going to cut it, but they cut in a certain way if you want the grain in a certain direction, so I guess they would do what yo ask too?

Post Reply Post Reply