Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Building 12 Punisher horns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billkeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:56pm
The best way i've found to  get that polyurathene glue off your hands is to  unload and load a 16 tonner full of PA a few times. works well, but i guess it's a lot of effort just for some glue!

Or you could just wear gloves as said before!
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:09pm
For that many cabs I'd not think twice about making up a jig for my router and doing everything tongue and groove. No screws, easy assembly and in the end you need only strap the boxes up proper and perhaps weight them down a little et. voila.
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 6:11pm
From the looks of the photos everything is sitting in dados.  Pretty much the same as tongue and groove..
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:25pm
Or use 'biscuit' joints.
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 4:53am
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 2:51am

walt : it would be nice to get an SPL reading/transfer function curve at 20metres distance!!

Its probably much faster to build them in parallel as your doing rather than one by one.The movements you do get better the more you do-and you would learn to save time.

loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 10:21pm

looks like a lovely build walt... a friend of yours?

he's certainly a skilled joiner

did you hear about itsy's punishers' unfortunate accident? all 4 at once, burnt out solid. apparently generator spikes are to blame.. do you know how much the recone kits are?

would love to make myself 8 punishers later this year to go under the hd15s. storage as ever is a problem.

but.... 1xffa6000 on the hds, 2x on the punishers

=18000w of the finest bass around. 8)

i think ill look into renting a lockup.... ;)

Originally posted by tb_mike tb_mike wrote:

Its probably much faster to build them in parallel as your doing rather than one by one.The movements you do get better the more you do-and you would learn to save time.

yes, of course. ive been saying this for AGES but no one listened ;)

unless we're talking absolutely bog standard cuboid DR boxes (and even then if you're making lots), tongue&groove/rebate/dado or any other similar, repeatable joint is not just the strongest, but also the quickest way of building boxes.

once you have the technique figured out, jigs/router table ready etc, its so much easier than fiddling about with marking out screw holes etc. and best of all, no soul destroying filling and sanding of a hundred countersunk holes on each box...

oh and toxic, have you actually used a biscuit cutter before? biscuits aint too great for cab construction IMO. not all that repeatable, and it takes much more attention to get it right.... 

Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 7:28am

Hello,

I did not hear about itsy's punishers unfortunate accident. I would like to know in more detail what happened. All cabinets dead at the same time that indicates a massive problem with the amp or generator. Waht happened to the amplifier? So far here in holland nobody managed to destroy a 12.00SW so I don't know anything about the price on recones. A system of 8 Punishers should be nice

Best regards,

Walt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12