Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XONE 92 prob

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 4:08pm
Checked wiring first thing.
Checked grounds.
That is not an earth loop.
No hum what so ever.
It is an audible clicking sound (like others here) caused by the midi (since it changes times when you tap the BPM button) and a static buzz that is directly linked to the crossfader.

Will post the video asap.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 4:28pm
I'm with Steve on this.... and I'll put money that you're noises ARE caused by a ground loop problem...

Ground loop problem don't always manifest themselves as a hum, ground loops on digital equipment (Digital mixers, Laptops etc.) often show as clicks, pops, static and whines on the audio and the noise often changes sound, volume and pitch as controls are moved or pressed.

Edited by APW - 13 May 2016 at 4:34pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 4:37pm
Record a sample of the buzz using your PC and Fourier transform it. If it is 50/60Hz then it probably is a ground loop. They can be very subtle to investigate.

When you say the wiring has been checked, what checks exactly?

I must admit the midi click I am not sure about, crossfader buzz is pretty suspicious though

Edited by odc04r - 13 May 2016 at 4:37pm
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 6:21pm
sometimes earth loops dont cause buzz. They cause digital noise to find its way onto the audio. An example would be the VGA screen mode switching of a laptop being transmitted to a PA or the stepping of a hard disc head. A&H aren't really known for shoddy kit!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 5:34pm
Use a ground loop isolator on the laptop.
Have never had to run one on a mixer.  Didnt even think about it since the DJM-800 is the only other "digital" mixer I have. All other's are Vestax so those don't count.

So using unbalanced outputs gets the clicks and noise controlled by the cross fader.
Using balanced got rid of that.
But then had microphone drop outs on both channels and hum on channel 1 when trying to get
a decent volume.  2 different mic's. Both channels being used.

Shody or not - the first find on the web was the old Xone forum and this exact issue.
Which was posted years ago. If this design were new, one could see toothing aches. But it is a 2nd generation. For the $ they charge for this - it should not to be the case.

I am not anti China but this is the first
A&H I have used in 15 ish year.  It reminds me of when Vestax went to China. Just not the same.

This unit will be heading back.
Will be trying out an old, but brand new, Denon X1600.  Don't need effects - just dual microphones so it limits my choices.

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:21pm
thanks service dept steve

had a problem with a xone 92 where every depress of every button caused a pop sound on the output. also the cue button for channel 2 didn't switch every time it was pressed.. even randomly tapping the case caused pop sounds.. opened it up, doesn't look like anyone's been in there before, had the power supply out and was wondering where my esr meter is..

then noticed a screw missing from the channel 2 board..

replaced it with one from a pc motherboard, all seems good now. nice one.
well i haven't checked it with any signals, but nothings showing up on the master leds with everything up full and me pressing buttons..

so good call steve earlier in this thread on checking the screws.
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:05pm
Yay!
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123