Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for 21inch scoops?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewgates23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plans for 21inch scoops?
    Posted: 10 February 2009 at 4:45pm
Looking to build scoops to house 21inch beymas.... anyone know where I could find some suitable plans?

They're just to fill out the really deep lows on our rig..... running all ASS kit on the rest of it.... double 15 wedges, double 12 wedges, 1inch horns and double 15 inch scoops..... the scoops only go down to 35Hz though.... thinking to add the 21 scoops on and try running them dedicated 25-40hz..... does that sound crazy?

Nicely.
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 4:56pm
It doesn't sound crazy, just not practical at all.

It would be a waste of money to have them cover such a small band.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:05pm
You'll find that all the bass is in your xover point, and the 21s will turn on sporadically, leading to a strange sound.

If you already have the 21" beymas, maybe try integrating them into a second rig?
Away on extended leave.
andrewgates23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewgates23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:09pm
not already got them so the idea can be scrapped.....

having said that would be nice to get them running :)

what if we ran them off the same crossover point as the rest of the bass (at the mo 106hz)

have thought about crossing over the bass wedges and scoops seperately too.... like splitting them at around 70hz. Would that help? And would the 21's being added to scoop line-up help having done that?
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:23pm
i would suggest getting rid of the double 15's , scrap the idea of 21"'s and build some Hogs , 4 of them stacked right will reach below 30Hz , will save you alot of space as you won't need anywhere near as many cabs.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by andrewgates23 andrewgates23 wrote:

not already got them so the idea can be scrapped.....

No offence intended, but I would sell the 2x15 scoops and 21" drivers.

Then get  18" scoops (Regular or Hog), and USB/ES18BPH Kick Section.Wink

EDIT:Just saw Autograffs post.. LOL

Edited by levyte357 - 10 February 2009 at 5:24pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 5:25pm
I think we may have posted that at the same time Levyte haha

Edit: And again!LOL

Edited by Autograff - 10 February 2009 at 5:25pm
deiksac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiksac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 5:19pm
I would just like to point out, that the plans for the 21" superscooper are not accurate, the triangle behind the speaker cannot be contructed using stated lenghts and angles :-(
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:14am
Originally posted by andrewgates23 andrewgates23 wrote:

Looking to build scoops to house 21inch beymas.... anyone know where I could find some suitable plans?

They're just to fill out the really deep lows on our rig..... running all ASS kit on the rest of it.... double 15 wedges, double 12 wedges, 1inch horns and double 15 inch scoops..... the scoops only go down to 35Hz though.... thinking to add the 21 scoops on and try running them dedicated 25-40hz..... does that sound crazy?

Nicely.
and you think you need lower than that?

what drivers do you have in the 2 x 15'' scoops?

remember there are some bute drivers on the market these days, I would upgrade the 15's
put a nice big amp on themWink
 Post Reply Post Reply