Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paice Graphic EQ's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paice Graphic EQ's
    Posted: 20 February 2009 at 9:39pm
Now i have a Pair of Paice 'studio' GEQ's. They are 3u and 27band mono. With some kind of limiting on each band. Now ive never used them as they need a jolly good service. I cant find much info on them so was wondering if they where any good back in the day? im sure they where budget when new!

Anyone?
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 12:33am
Dave---The mono Paice graphics were very good and also very pricey in the good old days--the limiting that you are on about is just like a one band spectrum analyser which shows the energy in each EQ band in the red LED above it and if I remember correctly there was a threshold level control for global control of them---They were also marketed under the name Tresham Audio and these models were slightly better than the Paice models---overall both of them are excellent graphics but slightly hissy on top end---cheers--John.
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 11:39am
so worth having ago with them then. They need a good old service! well, will do until i find some KT's!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 12:48pm
the amps were good, you could throw them down the stairs and they would still work
you could run them at 2ohm when they were only 4ohm max
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by CLsystems CLsystems wrote:

so worth having ago with them then. They need a good old service! well, will do until i find some KT's!

i've got a load of kt's for sale in really good condition..
Money can't buy you happiness, but it can allow you to be miserable in comfort.
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by chilli chilli wrote:

Originally posted by CLsystems CLsystems wrote:

i've got a load of kt's for sale in really good condition..

but any DN27's?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Dave---The mono Paice graphics were very good and also very pricey in the good old days--the limiting that you are on about is just like a one band spectrum analyser which shows the energy in each EQ band in the red LED above it and if I remember correctly there was a threshold level control for global control of them---They were also marketed under the name Tresham Audio and these models were slightly better than the Paice models---overall both of them are excellent graphics but slightly hissy on top end---cheers--John.

John,wasnt Pace and Tresham audio also MM? built in Royston in Hertfordshire...small factory,but ever so helpful people.
Be seeing you.
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

John,wasnt Pace and Tresham audio also MM? built in Royston in Hertfordshire...small factory,but ever so helpful people.

Acording to the back your right Ian, Kneesworth Street in Royston.
Both now have most of the covers off. Rewired the XLR's and Painted some panels and Cleaned the others. One has a snapped Slide pot and missing the knob. All alps faders(probably cheap uns) so hopefully easy enough to find a replacement.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 2:24pm
my early amps were MM Pace
they had bits hanging off them , and they still worked
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 8:19pm
Yes Ian----MM(Mickey Mouse) Electronics was the mass produced budget stuff---A bit like an early day Behringer only all British made and the Paice Products were more of an upmarket product , in fact the Graphics that Dave has were brought out as a market rival to KT DN27s but because they were only a bit cheaper than the KT originals, they never really took off sales wise.
When MM Electronics went bust Tresham Audio was formed by someone from MM and a small range of quality products were marketed but never sold well at all and eventually they folded as well.
The MM range of products from mixers to rack gear to power amps left a huge gap in the market when closed down as the entire range was great value and sold in large quantities----We replaced them with the Aces range of products in our shops and they sold really well as well---Cheers--John. 
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2009 at 11:17am
Anyone got any MM Paice amps laying around? Trying to get some together for olde times sake
music is the message
 Post Reply Post Reply