Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

link to designs for the punisher...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:11am

So, he leaves us for the second time in about a week....

....do you think he'll come back with the the same name next time?

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:23am

I just lurve that picture and what it implies.... SUPER stuff! I'm just going over here now to LMFAO

But honestly(if he ever reads it?) you really just have to have a really brief search on google or in the search function to find MOST answers.

Edited by LunchieTey
Speaker addict
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:48am
You'd be surprized what one can come up with search engines. This forum search unfortunately doesn't come back at one with posts (only threads) but how often haven't you read through a thread and spliced your browsing into multiple threads of interrest or follow up on some idea that you've not though about in a while.
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:46am
You can also use sites like google in a more useful way to search speakerplans as well. Enter this in the search box:

punisher horn site:www.speakerplans.com

Surprise, surprise the top link is this one:

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=607&am p;PN=1

I for one do not wish him a speed y return 

Angus
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:36am
Sencesync View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sencesync Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:24pm
*though you may not believe me...* but i would like to personaly say sorry. i signed up my younger brother to this forum so that he may stop asking me stupid questions all the time. and yes he is a sir "jacks-alot" lol. hes a dumba$$ and im sorry i let him offend anyone. i will be taking over this name. if you ever hear from anyone else besides my self "Jay" using the name of Sencesync please send me a notice, my brother isnt even apart of my custom design and there for shouldnt be claiming it. im sorry for any problems he may have caused. and this "freind of his" that hes refuring to, thats me and MY band, not some freind. i basicly take care of my brother so sent to his "cry corner" AKA his room. hes not touch my computer anymore.

I've looked up this "Punisher Horn". can anyone explain the advantage of having a "Basshorn"? i only knew of Reflex and bandpass boxes.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:51pm

Reflex and bandpass are lower in SPL at the same level as which a basshorn would be louder.

A basshorn is cleaner and tighter sounding and less boomy. Whereas reflex and bandpass are boomier and more looser sounding.Thats why you feel more in bass vibrating your chest with horns, as they move more air.

Also with horns the sound carries further.With reflex and bandpass the bass is weak after about 30 feet away.So reflex or bandpass would be better if there are loads of local residents near where you play[eg village hall right next to houses].As with bass horns you likely to get more complaints about the noise if the residents are very close to where you play.

Sencesync View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sencesync Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 6:04pm
OH! i see, wow i think i like this horn concept. i thought i saw some bad attempts from my brother for some basshorns. i saw one he did, i think it was called Magledon or somthing like that. i think for a punishment ill claim that as my design haha. ill check it out on this "hornresp" hes been tellin me about, im sure a good yahoo or google search should give some help on how to operate it . he took MY designs on MY midtop and MY 18" subwoofers, so he'll get what he asked for. thankyou toxic, i think ill enjoy learning from this forum

Edited by Sencesync
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12