Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letterbox X1 plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 6:52pm
Could anyone tell me if this design will work? I'm very new to speaker design so haven't fully grasped how flared ports affect things... I've seen a similar design on the build guide section of this website but with just the front port flared. Many thanks!

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipNR01U4DoDxbgB_4Y2vpaiwAv1rqZAWCHDiNpUx - https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipNR01U4DoDxbgB_4Y2vpaiwAv1rqZAWCHDiNpUx

Edited by ellm - 23 March 2020 at 6:55pm
ellm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 7:23pm
<< The total vertical height is 536mm btw
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ellm ellm wrote:

Could anyone tell me if this design will work? I'm very new to speaker design so haven't fully grasped how flared ports affect things... I've seen a similar design on the build guide section of this website but with just the front port flared. Many thanks!

Your link seems to be demanding I sign in to google, which isn't great.

Please could you post the image on ImgBB, Imgur etc and post the link here so we can all see it?
ellm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 12:48pm
Sure, sorry here you go!

https://ibb.co/9nLf3hQ -
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2020 at 8:16am
It looks like a letterbox version of the K bin which Rog designed. 
Any idea of advantages of a flared port?
ellm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2020 at 1:54pm
It does look very similar actually! The flared ports are for aesthetic reasons in my case but I'm also looking for something that would play around 35-80hz. This is why I based it on the letterbox X1 design but I'm just starting to realise how precise these things are. The K bin is tuned quite a lot higher than I need but looks incredibly similar to my eyes. I've got a lot to learn!

This might be getting towards a post for another thread, but can anyone tell me a way of working out the tuning frequency of my design? I have WinISD but I'm pretty clueless as to how the chamber and port volume in that relates to the actual dimensions of my model.
Lito J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lito J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 11:37am

Hi everyone. what is the measurement of this?
Thank you very much
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567