Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T.amp ta2400 reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathias_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 7:52pm
At least, I also used mine bridged at an 186 Horn and I wasn't verry happy with the result.

Audio_Stash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_Stash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 9:22pm
I shouldn't think you we're. its not really a bass amp.
Can cut it on upper bass, just about.

if using binding posts, is A or B side positive?

Audio_Stash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_Stash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 9:26pm
The proline 3000 can just about do the biz running 2 subs in bridge mode but its not advised.
Whole diff class of amp anyway, so don't know why I said that.

I just happen to have a 2400 kicking about my workshop, which happens to be where the box i need to test is also. 

Edited by Audio_Stash - 01 December 2014 at 9:28pm
mathias_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathias_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 9:48am
A should be positive iirc.
But you can easily see it on pictures.
screeldnb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screeldnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 11:42am
Thinking of using this amp for running 4 Es18bphs at around like 70-200Hz but i've heard its not great for bass, would I be better spending a bit more and getting another proline or would this do the job? 
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 10:24pm
better off with a proline or have a look at the sae amps bee sellls ,theve got a good reputation for budget amps
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 9:32pm
Hey.
Got this amp for about two weeks, for feeding my B&C 21DS115.

Photo after first upgrade:

Obviously, that is newer version, with better heatsink on the rectifier, and different transistors mounting. Transistors are Toshiba 2SC5200 and 2SA1943
Added fifth pair of end stage transistors, More forced cooling, and lately 39R resistors in series to the fans, as it gets little quieter, yet still effective.

Measurements before upgrade, on 7,95R 9000W load, amp bridged:
Peak 1kHz@4ms:  2550W
Burst 1kHz@40ms: 2150W
RMS 1000-40Hz@1min: 1850W
RMS 25Hz@1min: 1450W, transformer mildly buzzing.

No measurements after upgrade, as I´m rather after reliablitiy, and while the transformer and power caps are the same, the change will be negligible. Maybe DF might rise 10%?

The transformer has 1450VA written on it, so I would not recommend expecting advertised power output. You would be overloading it. No 2x1200W RMS @4Ohm. 2200W program power though, that is doable.
If anyone is interested, output voltage available to the amp is 2x122VDC.
Also four pairs of output stage transistors are not enough. I added fifth pair, as there is space and PCB preparations for it. As if they tested if the amp can survive with just lesser transistors. And it did for many users, so they got away with it. Not for me though.

BUT, for just under $450, it is expected and okay.
I was horrified with manual work and manual soldering though.
The amp definitely needs some visual inspection, resoldering, cleaning solder, flux and residues, cable management and care. They effed up relatively good amp by very bad work, manual soldering and assy.
Otherwise, I was happy with the device. I´m probably keeping this amp, and buying second piece for my second 21DS115.

It is barely enough for this beast of the speaker, for conservative use. If I wanted to push it more, I would opt for even stronger amp obviously. Also good recommendation would be D-Class amp with SMPS+PFC, as with normal amp, you burn 50% of the power just on the amp, because the speaker phase dictates the real power to the speaker is about 50% across the usable range (phase being off between 50-70°).

Edited by Crashpc - 04 March 2019 at 10:08am
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123