Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Par Cans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:44pm
gwarntek
talk to the guys at usedlighting.com they might sale or return you a couple of units to try out.
and if you are using outside you need to look at IP ratings which basically tell you how ellement proof the units are as any damp or water ingress into the cheaper units will corode the internals...

Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:58pm
Jamwa, these ones are brighter than a 500w Par56 at least.

Not really sure what else to post up about them - they're DMX but allow you to set an RGB value so they run standalone on one colour. No sound to light action I'm afraid. Haven't seen any diodes go down on the ones I had to test, but I guess you takes your chances as they say..!

EDIT: Also, they're the dimensions of a Short nose PAR64.

Mike

Edited by tallmike - 01 April 2009 at 10:01pm
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 10:09pm

Mike - have a look on used lighting.co.uk they have some showtec 1w par56 for £100 each plus vat...

if you use 4 leds a side and even out the spred just doing flat colour across the lot you should get plenty of lux across the stage...

the flat panel style led units are quite good as well as some have built in pattern generators in them...

also have a look at a company called TRYKA they do some cracking units which come in aluminium sections - bomb proof and all run via cat5 cable so very cheap to cable up...

have used there 2mtr battens to light a band and get some great effects...
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 10:24pm

£100 ain't bad for a showtech 1w par56.

you won't believe the output of these 64s though - only thing is there's no such thing as 'subtle' or 'soft' in the LED world yet!
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 11:17pm
If only i had the money to splash out on lighting... i'd be well up for some of them
You get my mesage the other day mike?

Peace
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 11:33pm
I'll be making a bulk order soon -

I did get your message  - just realised I didn't reply.  Let me know what you want and I'll add on to the next order in about 2 weeks.

M
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

id still stick with tradition pars, they will be a lot less sensitive to the weather, cheaper, brighter and im thinking when you leave them around and about, less theft risk (price and heat).

I needed someone to say that to me... LOL stop me spending all my money! its the sensible option

You naturally go for the new, exspensive and a bit more special option, but its never reeeaally needed haha

And mike, thats cool, cheers il let you know soon mate

Peace
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 12:02pm
if you're doing a bulk order maybe you should ask around on here as i'm sure there would be quite a few takers...
Money can't buy you happiness, but it can allow you to be miserable in comfort.
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 5:08pm
+ 1 - Tallmike, did you get my message ?
Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12