Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C's 21SW152

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:35am
Originally posted by roborg roborg wrote:

http://www.bcspeakers.com/product.php?id=0000000160 has a fibreglass former, this makes me think their 2000wAES is entering porky-pie territory, unless they invented a new adhesive with better thermal properties than kapton...  6 inches of voice coil is only 50% larger than 4", which usually claims about 1KAES..  The coil is longer, but not by much..
  Does anybody know more about these speakers?

how can this handle over twice what PD claim a PD1850/PD2150/2450 can?  I agree with roborg in questioning this.  And whats the point even if it will take 2k??  the 2450 matches it in every way apart from being twice as loud for the same input power.  itll take 2k into this B&C to match 1k into a 2450.  and will probably cost more tha nthe PD too.   
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 1:33pm
I know this is an old thread but just wondered if anyone has any of these drivers up for sale ?

xx
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 8:02pm
I'm not saying that B&C is instantly better for everybody, but if you consider its TS parameters, Xmax, price and weight, you get to the point, and to the reason why B&C is very interesting. Now with 18DS115 and 21DS115, it looks awesome to me. For the cooling part, I believe there might be slight stretch, but people from BC claimed they really do use newer materials and more forced cooling than before, for higher capabilities. AFAIK, PD is rather stagnating with technology, compared to almost hipster-ish fast paced evolution, refinement and changes in B&C and also RCF.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12