Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUAD HD15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunkydj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 5:00pm
you could also wire them up permanently to do 4 or 8r, whatever your amp suited rather than having oddly patched cables!? I like =]
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 10:06am
i like the idea and it is true that they are the same size as a TMS 3 so they cant be that bad, but if it was me i would have made it from ply instead of MDF.

the 3mm curve is a bit skinny for my liking, shouldn't be too hard to add another layer or 2!

+1 on the combo wiring, that could make linkups very easy Tongue
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:22pm
Same size as a tms3, huge then.  You could make the impedence switchable!
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

Same size as a tms3, huge then.  You could make the impedence switchable!

Yes its big, but at least its manageable, you could put wheels on it or lots of handles. People still move TMS3's round all day every day so they cant be that bad. Granted the TMS3 is pro audio so its worth moving around compared to a quad HD.

This cab is smaller than the dual 15" W bin that people still use (cant remember the design or manufacturer, i think they might be court speakers?)

The optional impedance is probably the only up side to having a quad HD apart from the aesthetics of the cab.

I dont think size is much of a problem, the weight would be too much for me....

Edited by Tocooltom - 29 November 2011 at 1:05pm
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 5:00pm
Yeah I used to own a pair of TMS3s, they gave me a hernia and I sold them LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123