Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horns & Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horns & Scoops
    Posted: 13 September 2005 at 8:46pm
Just a Question, What will sound better for Reggae music, outdoor or indoor, the 186 Horn or the Scooper ???  And Would by adding the HD15 Cabs to the system would it add a tight hard hitting bass ?? like in Dance Tecno music, I mainly play, hip hop,r n b, all bashment music!
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 7:32pm

Has to be the super scoopers for reggae. But as you don't play just reggae has to be at least 8-12 1850 horns. Or 12 HD15's.

But if you mainly playing hiphop,rnb, bashment music, techno but also play reggae.

But as you play everything above,8x 1850 horns would suit you best.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:02am
scoops all day long is the answer to that one!
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 7:53pm

Scoops are only good for music with long basslines though like reggae,dub,dnb.

HD15's in 6 or more good for techno,hiphop.

And 1850's in 6 or more are an all rounder, for all types of music.

Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 1:21am
Common ToXC, pull it up. No way would anyone in thir right mind really want only HD15s for hip-hop with the deep rolling basslines.
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 5:21am
As you can tell from Toxic's avatar, you should take what he says with a pinch of salt if he's smoking that much weed all day

Hey come on - seems funny to me right now. Maybe it's because I'm...

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 9:40am

LOL its just an avatar m8, don't take it seriouslly.

Well Dom has managed to use only his HD15's for almost anything played through them, but thats because hes got like 12 HD15's I guess.

I used to have 4 HD15's[below then minimum number recommended to to the job] and they didn't give much deep bass.So the only way I can see how they do the job in large stacks is coupling together and getting lower.

So if Champion who doesn't want a huge stack and plays all the types of music, then about 6-8 1850's would be the best all round bins.

I'm not found of scoops anymore, since I heard that Looney bin stack down the carnival and made scoops seem weak by comparison.

Looney bins are just modified 1850 horns, so I guess 12 1850 horns would still blur your vision.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 10:55am

im sure if you were to have  20 + scoops in the same spot 

be it scoopers, ass, wattco,

it wouldnt only be your eye balls wobbling

ps;   i dont like scoops but there isnt anything that plays weight like em!

Edited by mykey
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 7:45pm
Wasn't just my eyes wobbling though, my throat was so tight I couldn't breathe properly from the Looney bins.
 Post Reply Post Reply