Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

filter on connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kunak23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: filter on connection
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:47pm
hi all,
i´m just wondering if i need to add any filter or anything between the speaker and the plugging pannel of the cabinet.

Does signal goes stright to the speaker?
Thank you
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:55am
Assuming you have an amplifier that will be connected on the bass output of an active crossover, yep. Straight from amps outputs to the speaker via the connection you'll have put on the box.
If not, you may need a few more things explained :)
kunak23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kunak23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:24am
Yes i assume about signal-crossover-amplifier-speaker,  but some cabinets use to have any kind of signal protections or filter, i was just making sure i didin´t have to put anything.
Thanx.
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:20pm
Well, if you plan to really drive the x1s hard then a high pass filter around 30Hz would help, check if trhis is a possibility with your crossover, or possibly your amps may have a built in "susbsonic filter"?
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:04pm
48dB/oct HP @ 30hz is ESSENTIAL with X1 so if your crossover doesn't do it, you need one that does

Buy a Behringer DCX2496 and read the book
 Post Reply Post Reply