Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbomax Reflex - It begins...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 9:59pm
You can set WinISD to display excursion as peak or RMS excursion, id set it to peak as thats your worst case and you measure xmax as a peak value anyway.  Like Ceharden says i wouldn't worry if it gos over a tad, are you inputting real xmax? (coil length-gap height/2) or adding 1/4 of the gap height?, or using a different meathod?  If your using real xmax you should be fine with that sim of the fane. 

You can do a rough impedance plot with 2 multi meters and a sine tone generator/ pc program / rogs test cd.  Run a sine signal into the cab, keep voltage from the amp constant and mesure current drawn by the speaker, then repeat at difference frequencys, calcluate the impedance at a frequency (voltage/current), then plot it on a graph and you have an impedance plot to compare to the simmed one on WinISD.  Thats the best way of measureing the tuning of a cab, and how the port is being lengthnd.

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by SteveAATW SteveAATW wrote:

What's the dip all about?

The dip is power compression. That usually occurs when you are feeding the driver too much power and/or, the cabinet is tuned too low.

You cannot estimate the TS Parameters either. Try to find someone that has the proper numbers.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 13 July 2009 at 10:02pm
Elliot Thompson
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

You can set WinISD to display excursion as peak or RMS excursion, id set it to peak as thats your worst case and you measure xmax as a peak value anyway.  Like Ceharden says i wouldn't worry if it gos over a tad, are you inputting real xmax? (coil length-gap height/2) or adding 1/4 of the gap height?, or using a different meathod?  If your using real xmax you should be fine with that sim of the fane. 

You can do a rough impedance plot with 2 multi meters and a sine tone generator/ pc program / rogs test cd.  Run a sine signal into the cab, keep voltage from the amp constant and mesure current drawn by the speaker, then repeat at difference frequencys, calcluate the impedance at a frequency (voltage/current), then plot it on a graph and you have an impedance plot to compare to the simmed one on WinISD.  Thats the best way of measureing the tuning of a cab, and how the port is being lengthnd.

I just realised thisLOL Ive simmed the jobst lbb118 in winisd and was a bit worried if I can give them full 500watts. Had the cone excursion at peak and it was 1mm over xmax,changed it to rms and its well under the line at 500w.
"what!?"
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2018 at 6:05pm
Sorry to revive an old thread... but how many others have gone reflex for tmax 1000i? I have a pair of original 1000i on fane chassis, normally i would put them in scoops but ive got too many other drivers for that. So, thinking about a pair of reflex for them. Would be used on sub i should add, not upper bass/kick/low mid as some call it. I van look at the specs etc but always good listening to peoples real world experiences too.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345