Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crown powertech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim2wang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:35am
anybody got crown studio reference II or K2 amp? I have a SRI and 1 unit of K2 at home and would need another K2 and/or a SRII, pm me if anybody got them, thanks!
jim2wang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim2wang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:35am
with reasonable price of course....Smile
tmward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:14am
I'm a school teacher and I DJ school and student events for free (poorer district).  Needless to say, I am on a budget!

I've got a Crown Power Base 2, one channel of which carries lots of static.  I've noticed that one of the Power Transistors (the info on it: C 4751-1  185  W9441) has a little hole in it with blackened edges.

Think it's worth ordering that part and replacing it?  Or is it very likely that I'm just seeing the tip of the iceberg of problems and should stick to the working side?  I'm trying to bridge the dumb thing then use it to drive a custom folded horn sub...

By the way, I've very little electrical experience or tools so even using a voltmeter is an iffy proposition for me...
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 9:19am
These are straightforward amps to repair for someone with the right tools and experience but not really for the "casual" enthusiast, it is unlikely that simply replacing the holed transistor will effect a repair, maybe worth a try but there would normally be a dozen or so ancillary parts that will be damaged as well, some may not be obvious.

We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
needham_rob@yahoo.co View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needham_rob@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2016 at 9:03am
Hi, I read your response to the Powertech question and you mention that you do not rate the Macro tech amps for sound quality.

I am currently trying build up a small P.A. for my daughter's band. I have Purchased some Martin Audio F12,s and S15's. I have also bought an M3 System controller.

What, in your opinion would be the best amps to use in  terms of sound quality and reliability when taking out on the road ?

Many thanks,

Rob
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by needham_rob@yahoo.co needham_rob@yahoo.co wrote:

Hi, I read your response to the Powertech question and you mention that you do not rate the Macro tech amps for sound quality.

I am not sure where you read that. There is no issues with the sound quality in regards to Macro tech and/or Power tech amplifiers.

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 23 October 2016 at 11:09am
Elliot Thompson
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2016 at 6:49pm
these old crowns sound fantastic.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 11:19am

I just acquired a Crown Power tech 3 in addition to, a Crown XS 900 on EBay for a very low price. The Power tech series are the old Power Base/CSL series with front input gain controls and IOC indicators. The Power Base 3, CSL 1400 in addition to, the Power tech 3 all offer lots of current on demand.

Below is a photo of the circuit breaker rating.  

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 02 November 2016 at 11:20am
Elliot Thompson
lorin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2021 at 11:21am
I have a crown csl-800 and I want to know if this model has IOC, limit or protection for speakers. Thank you

Edited by lorin - 26 December 2021 at 11:22am
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by lorin lorin wrote:

I have a crown csl-800 and I want to know if this model has IOC, limit or protection for speakers. Thank you

It has DC protection, 'anti-thump' and ODEP, that's all.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2021 at 11:03pm
No IOC but that is just an indicator, similar to a clip light. The ODEP circuit takes care of everything else but you may need to arrange for seperate limiters if you need them.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

lorin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2021 at 10:14am
Thanks a lot!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12