Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring HELP with Headrest DVD Player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodworksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring HELP with Headrest DVD Player
    Posted: 28 June 2009 at 7:24pm
Hello Everyone

I have just purchased some Headrest DVD players which have a Live and ground connection only.

Would you recommend wiring them to a permanent live or a ignition/switched live?

The reason I ask is I have been advised not to connect to the ignition live because it might cause problems, but they didn't know why!!

I was going to connect to cigar lighter wiring, but this is switched with ignition.

Any help would be appreciatted.

Thank you Smile

AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:06pm
I would hook it up to he back of the cigar lighter socket, its fused and there no way ul tap into a data cable..
woodworksos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodworksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:15pm
Is it possible that the ignition switched live could damage the dvd player, compared to connecting direct to battery and switching the units on and off manually.
AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:24pm
i cant see why, aslong as the dvd players are 12v dc??
AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:28pm
what vehicle you putting these into btw?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodworksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:38pm
Hi

A Renault Scenic.

Yes it is 12 volts dc

Just remember having a problem years ago at work with some of the (2 way) radios and we were told that it was because they were connected to ignition it was damaging them, so they should always be connected to the battery.

AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:51pm
i really cant see it causing a problem, the only reason im say to hook them upto an ignition feed is so to avoid the battery being drained if accidently left on.. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodworksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:59pm
Ok

Just wanted to double check before connecting.

Thank you for advice Smile
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 11:36pm
You may have already done this, but i'd say you'll be fine on ignition wiring

Done countless car audio things on ignition and it's fine

Jon
 Post Reply Post Reply