Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

186 horn handles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desmondj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 186 horn handles
    Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:37pm

can anyone suggest a style of handles, recessed or otherwise, for the 186 horn?...i`m guessing that recessed handles can affect the air volume?...the cab is baltic birch-pretty heavy for sure...maybe just some handles on the rear top for a "tipped back hand truck style" like the tall cerwin vegas?

any help is appreciated

thanks

SteveSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 10:31am
I havent put handles on mine, im gonna use a big sack barrow. You can put flip handles on but make sure theyre a way down so when you stand up straight your arms and back are straight as well!!
desmondj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desmondj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:20am

i`m thinking they`re too heavy for one guy to move around anyways...maybe use those deeper handles that you can get the back of your hand into, i`m just worried about taking up too much space inside, effecting the sound etc...

thanks for the thoughts

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 10:00am

http://www.terralec.co.uk/__12_product_info3_asp3_1_n13_CORN ER+HANDLE5_prdID5_164045_usrID36_3E35CA9D-89F9-4F84-B6D6-A7F 4F806EB257.html

Put two of those on the back/top of cabinet and castors on the back below it.

Those handles above don't take hardly any space inside the cabinet, so are better than intergrated sunken wooden handles that might change the internal volume significantly.

Edited by ToXiC - 03 November 2005 at 10:04am
djdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 12:22pm
i am building the 1850 cabs at the mo where is the best place to put normal handles as these ones shown above would interfere with the baffle would they not. Do they make any difference to the sound even though they will change the internal volumes slighty. By the way i am using the void driver if this makes any difference
desmondj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desmondj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 3:33pm
yeah in the back corner of the cab, the speaker is like right below the top so i dont think there will be room for those tilt back handles, although i would use themif i could...my cvs have them and they work well
IAIN RENDLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAIN RENDLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:36am

i would just use a standard recessed handle you can get 4 per side on a 1850 / 186 look at the loony bin!

iain

-=vortex sound systems=-
www.vortexsound.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply