Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best place to buy ply wood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best place to buy ply wood
    Posted: 29 July 2009 at 6:17pm
Since things are going a bit t**s up at my old mans job, they have taken his estate car away from him and given him a vw caddy. Cry

This now causes a problem with getting the wood.

Are there any good places that can deliver sheets of plywood in the south east? I won't be doing any bulk orders, mainly 2 or 3 sheets at a time. Had a look on google but can't seem to find much. I did buy a few sheets (18mm 6 or 7 lam i think) from wickes but it keeps splitting apart, hence going for better wood that will last longer.

15mm would be better but 18mm is ok.

That reminds me. I saw a price for a 4ft by 8ft sheet of 15mm 11lam ply somewhere. £50 a sheet. Is that about right?
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 8:58pm
roof rack is what you want!

trust, a sheet of 8x4 on a VW polo works a treat Thumbs Up

i got a sheet of void free 12mm 7lam birch for £43 - £50 doesnt sound too bad :)
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by subbass subbass wrote:

roof rack is what you want!

trust, a sheet of 8x4 on a VW polo works a treat Thumbs Up

i got a sheet of void free 12mm 7lam birch for £43 - £50 doesnt sound too bad :)

that's actually very expensive. Thats the end user price for 18mm! 

subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:38pm
bummer..

well, it was the only place within roof-rack distance. Big smile
Ionkontrol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ionkontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:12pm
Bought a couple of 8x4 sheets recently, top grade 18mm birch 13lam, russian/baltic for £52+Vat. They deliver as well.

http://www.championtimber.com/where-we-are.aspx

Best I could find at short notice.
arena.lsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arena.lsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Unknown Enemy Unknown Enemy wrote:

Since things are going a bit t**s up at my old mans job, they have taken his estate car away from him and given him a vw caddy. Cry

This now causes a problem with getting the wood.

Are there any good places that can deliver sheets of plywood in the south east? I won't be doing any bulk orders, mainly 2 or 3 sheets at a time. Had a look on google but can't seem to find much. I did buy a few sheets (18mm 6 or 7 lam i think) from wickes but it keeps splitting apart, hence going for better wood that will last longer.

15mm would be better but 18mm is ok.

That reminds me. I saw a price for a 4ft by 8ft sheet of 15mm 11lam ply somewhere. £50 a sheet. Is that about right?

james lathans
say your in the trade and set a cash acount, you will get dicounted on the amount you buy over the year.  plus del is not prob sometimes the next day.
you will get half pallet prices or pallet prices
if you can find more import companys along the river aswell
good luck
or if you want email me and i will make a order for you !!!!
mike

burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 5:07pm
thats a nice guyClap
music is the message
AlfieDring View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 5:57pm
Arnold lavers: direct to public 18mm void free birch 8by4's are around £34, they do initial cuts to a very high standard and for pence. I feel gutted for the twice i spent £50 on the same thing in b+q grrrrrrrr.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 11:07am
How many times did you copy and paste it?
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
 Post Reply Post Reply