Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djsam3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a question?
    Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:14pm
can i use a pa amplifier, low power, i.e img stage line etc. with a power inverter so convert 12v to 230 then a surge protecter plug of something then amp? good? bad? what do you think?
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:20pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:23pm
djsam3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djsam3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:32pm
thanks for these topics they are an intresting read although both contain humping around 4 or so 12v batteries. i would have no more than 150watts probably not more than 100watts if using a small 10" pa speaker. i dont plan on having parties out the back of it, just for driving. it just seemed to make sense rather than buying car amp, sub and wires as i already have the speaker and amp

if i had a 3-500 watt rms power inverter and just a 150watt amp do you think this is sensible or not?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:41pm
if the max the amp can do it 150w then that should be fine,
i would leave a big a margin as possible.
But it seems like a 500w inverter should be fine.

One of the issures with inverters is the efficiency, but as long as its in ur car it should be fine, as you dont have to carry the battery!
djsam3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djsam3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:45pm
great thank you for the advice, i dont plan on being a muppet and playing it stupidly loud just to make it sound better because standard the car has 2 small door speakers and sounds poor ha.
Thanks, any more advice greatly appreciated
 Post Reply Post Reply