Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FANE 18XB or FANE 18B - 600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FANE 18XB or FANE 18B - 600
    Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:58am

Hi everyone,

i planned to buy 2 fane 18xb before building 2 bass scoops, and the seller don t have them in stock and proposed me a pair of FANE 18B-600.

does you guys think there will make a lot of difference? do i have to wait and get the 18xb cause i heard they sound better in scoops?

it is for a roots reggae sound system, so we need a powerfull low bass...

thanks a lot by advance

does someone know what Shaka use in his scoops? or double bass?

mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 8:23am
From the specs for the FANE 18B-600, looks like it has a tighter motor than the XB,more 'tight/punchier bass' .Have'nt heard this driver myself but I have heard XB's and they sound really good in scoops.
Not sure what Shaka uses in his bins,but I have been to his nights.Not the heaviest bass I've heard and I'm sure his drivers are not the best available,but then again his sound is more 'spiritual and vibes' than stopping you breathing with the bass.
I'm sure the rest of the guys can give you some more info.

http://www.jahshakasoundsystem.com/home.html
Jahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 8:35am

thanks mans1000

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 11:10pm

Yeah Fane 18XB is the classic driver for scoops, used on most reggae sound systems that use scoops.

Edited by ToXiC - 08 November 2005 at 11:13pm
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 11:15pm
i had 4 scoops loaded with xb's ..i say wait for the 18xb's it will defo be worth it!!LOL
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Jahm Jahm wrote:

Hi everyone,

i planned to buy 2 fane 18xb before building 2 bass scoops, and the seller don t have them in stock and proposed me a pair of FANE 18B-600.

does you guys think there will make a lot of difference? do i have to wait and get the 18xb cause i heard they sound better in scoops?

it is for a roots reggae sound system, so we need a powerfull low bass...

thanks a lot by advance

does someone know what Shaka use in his scoops? or double bass?

I think Shaka uses Celestion drivers in his scoops. The old blue frame Celestions.

Post Reply Post Reply