Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crossover for the X15s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossover for the X15s
    Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:02am
Ok so...
While having decided for financial reasons to use the 1" comp driver and the 15" SNMB am now having issues with the PAP crossover suggested in the plan... Essentially have talked with someone at PAP who has pointed out the fact that while  i'm running these boxes passive with their  VX1 , running the boxes at any more than 400-450ish watts a 4 ohms is going to completely f**k the crossover.. So essentially i'm not going to be able to really overpower the the drivers over their rated power... Can anyone fill me in weather this is going to considerably affect how loud they COULD potentially go if i put a lot more power thru them? If so anyone with a pair got any alternate suggestions for obtaining a crossover that could take more power and still work with the ProAudio drivers?
Thanks for help, know its a long one...
S
MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:35pm

I got some Selenium crossovers from www.partsexpress.com in the USA. The crossover at 1.2Khz and are 600w RMS handling, which seems to work well with a 2" driver, although they do other crossover frequencies which may work better with a 1" (I would probably go with 1.6Khz or 1.8Khz)

They worked out about £50 each including shipping and customs. Shipping took 4 days to UK.

Post Reply Post Reply