Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C driver for the hd15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&C driver for the hd15
    Posted: 16 September 2009 at 11:39am
wich is the best on your opinion?
otherwise wich is the most importan par for choose one speaker for this cabinet?
for me b&C is really cheap so i'd like to choose one driver of this brand...

cheers

Lapo
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 3:41pm
finally you're going to build midbass
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 4:03pm
yes and i'm very glad if some one can help me to choose the right speaker...
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 6:27pm
possibly the B+C NW76.

Try it out in hornresp.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:49pm
15PL100 is a good horn driver, I think Tony ASS uses it in his kick bins
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:15am
cool
i will check...
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 4:44pm
hi to all
i've found this graph on the simulation section for hd

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc40&image=3e7_B_C_15HPL76.jpg

is the graph about b&c 15hpl76
thanks to Dave Slater that made it, but it can be realistic? any one have tried yet this driver on hd?

the hpl76  sieries for me are really interesting 'cause i've also 4 12" on the mid section (and they sounds really good! really hifi style!)...so continue to use the same speakers series can be good in my opinion...

bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 4:56pm
this is sim has been done with an older version of Hornresp and there's no indication if has been simmed in half space or in quarter space or something else . So just imho but is better if you re sim with an newer version at 2,0 pi, the input screen is available on the same thread.

cheers
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 9:22am
some one told me that in an hd I can fit any speakers with fs/qts > 130, thats true?
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 3:38pm

i have 12" hpl drivers and i also have 15" nw drivers. i believe the NW are preferable for horn loading. they model well in the HD15 - only way to find out is to try it and listen - unless someone else has experience with these drivers in the hd15 already?

Post Reply Post Reply