Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5th Order Bandpass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 1:01pm
Maybe, thats the 5th order... they write:
Adding a restriction to the duct assembly outlet created a duct that would now resonate across a wider frequency band (like a vero-vent) and that improved power handling again.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:01am
You cant just make the port a funny shape and add another "order" on, read the thread i posted earlier

Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 7:38am
I also thought so, cause only the effective port area to port length ratio is essential.
Would a variable or a few different port lenghts add another order?
Naff_monk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naff_monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

You cant just make the port a funny shape and add another "order" on

LOL
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:12pm
looks similar to a karlson coupler slot arangement, shame freddi doesn't post here anymore..

http://forum.speakerplans.com/k-bin-discussion_topic7452_page5.html?KW=karlson+coupler

Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

Adding a restriction to the duct assembly outlet created a duct that would now resonate across a wider frequency band (like a vero-vent) and that improved power handling again.

tapering vents to excite a broader resonance; is that not the general concept of karlson cabs?

wheres freddyi when you need him?
LOUDER THAN LOUD
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:13pm
minaximal, thats a rather freaky coincidence
LOUDER THAN LOUD
opus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Unknown Enemy Unknown Enemy wrote:

Could anyone tell me what a 5th order bandpass looks like and how it works? Never heard of this before and quite interested in it. Smile

Why?? 
What does this offer over more popular 4th and 6th order designs ???  Confused
Unknown Enemy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by opus opus wrote:

Originally posted by Unknown Enemy Unknown Enemy wrote:

Could anyone tell me what a 5th order bandpass looks like and how it works? Never heard of this before and quite interested in it. Smile

Why?? 
What does this offer over more popular 4th and 6th order designs ???  Confused

Just interested in different designs and how they work. Smile

Looking at new ways of trying things out. No harm in that surely?
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by godathunder godathunder wrote:

ha!

freddyi and his constant karlson pics, hehe
Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by minaximal minaximal wrote:

Originally posted by godathunder godathunder wrote:

ha!

freddyi and his constant karlson pics, hehe

I always appreciated that they were firing somewhere over my head.

freddy, please come explain; there is a chance that after half a decade of this site indoctrinating me I may finally understand
LOUDER THAN LOUD
Phattoo43725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phattoo43725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 6:19pm
I was reading the old post by you and wondered if you found any information on the box.  I actually built one back in the late 80's early 90's for a friend that had moved from SC and showed me the plans.
It was built , with two chambers, for two 12 inch subs  sharing 1.5 cuft of air space in the rear chamber.  This chamber was also tapered to make a wedge.  The front chamber was tune able with a slot port.  The shorter the chamber the harder it hit within the bandwidth.
In the time period running Megawattage was crazy talk, so it was ran on around 125 watts of clean power for both subs.  It was a beast for that day 

I would assume that this could be replicated with modern subs that can be placed in a 4th order using the correct sealed air space figures and tuning the slotted portion to the space it is in.
Please tell me if you pursue this and send pics.
Thx,

Phattoo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12