Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Linkwitz transforms for BPH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linkwitz transforms for BPH
    Posted: 05 November 2009 at 3:54pm
Davey T mentioned to me a while ago that you can make a bandpass horn go lower by using a high Q driver.

A Linkwitz transform can be used to tune the Qts and resonant frequency of a driver (so far as I know). Would there be anything to be gained by using one in conjunction with a bandpass horn (assuming sufficiently robust circuits could be built)?

Would I be right in my assumptions that you'd reduce the maximum power input to the driver becuase of xmax issues?

By using a small tweaking of the parameters using this circuit could this benefit outweigh the reduction in maximum power (if I am right about that bit!)?

Don't test the champignon sound
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 3:58pm
the weight and cost of a circuit with sufficient power handling for a modern driver would i would think make it impractical, only an estimate though no specifics.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply