Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help!!!...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:00pm
The problem happens either when I'm using my firewire soundcard, or when I'm coming out of the jack on lappy, but it's much worse for the soundcard.
It gets much worse as more instruments come in, particularly it seems when there's audio files instead of midi, or when loud bass comes in.
I've only got about 20 virtual synths on the go and a couple of audio tracks, all with FX, but last week I was doing this on SX3 with about 60 virtual synths, and audio tracks, sending out toa mixer and recording back in at the same time, something must have changed.

I've had a fiddle with a few things on the asioall program, the thing is, when I fiddle with that, I can't notice anything on cubase, but I seem to be able to do all of these things that it does on cubase anyway.
I also got this PCI latency download thing and did what the soundcard people said to do and that hasn't helped (prioritise the soundcard over other things that use PCI (or something like that))
there's a few options on the VST system link which seem to change things slightly but I dunno much about them so don't wana just be clicking randomly.

My laptop is dual core so it says, 2GHz using 3.24GB of RAM, altho I put 4 in! cheeky!
don't know the speed of the ram.

If you've got any other suggestions that'd be great, otherwise I'm giving up and reinstalling SX3, 5 just seems to be annoying, loads of the useful hotkeys have changed and it doesn't do things how I like, and everything, including exporting an audio mixdown is about 5 times slower, with the only advantages of some quite cool plugins as standard, but they're easily obtained anyway...
hond View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:21pm
you know, my philosophy about DAW is basic as this: work with what ur feeling comfortable with. Cubase 5 might have a few more little thingies then sx3 but if ur able to work very productive with sx3 then stick with that! :) 
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:26pm
good call man, after a day of being annoyed at doing something which is usually a stress relief/chill out activity, cubase 5 can I need to clean my mouth out with soap and water off!!!

cheers for your help anyway
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:27pm
what!!!!???

I need to clean my mouth out with soap and water
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:28pm
where did that come from!?
hond View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 5:46pm
what have you been taking man ? :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12