Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X15’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X15’s
    Posted: 08 January 2006 at 4:09pm

Firstly, Happy New Year all!!!!

Secondly, finished my two X15's, (cheaper drivers of the two listed, with a bmd 440 instead of the 450, pap had run out.  in no great rush to change them mind you,) in time for new year, and i reckon they sound pretty damn good, loud as hell but still really crisp and clear, with plenty of mid, was a little worried using the 15".  would reccomend them to anyone, especially when you consider the cost!!

well happy!!!!

only quibble is they cant keep up with the throw of the hd's, but untill horn loaded mid tops are feasible it can be put up with.

mini quibble, now i've got to build more hd's......

angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 5:23am
glad to hear they're sounding good. I've got two handle holes to rout out for the flanges and the neutriks to mount on the back pieces and then I can put my two x15s together finally.

just need to find a time when it's not raining that I can get outside and finsih them off! (also plumped for the cheaper listed drivers)

I will probably also build hd15s as well after these and then maybe xtros as mid/tops and use the x15s as monitors and then add in some punishers after that. can't wait!

must finish one project before starting the next! (I just bought a balsa/tissue model piper j3 cub 36" wing span, which is taunting me from the shelf)
 Post Reply Post Reply