Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nexo pc line 115

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7567kelsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nexo pc line 115
    Posted: 04 March 2010 at 12:02pm
im thinking of buying some nexo pc line 115 can any 1 give me any info on them ie spec .were they a good cab thease are a 3 way system . iam usein thease for vocals .i can get thease at the right money Wink
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 9:30pm
in guessing these are the pair that have been around ebay for a while?

I know these, along with most of the old nexo kit very well, having had quite a lot of it over the years

the good news is that they are great cabs when fitted with the original components, using the correct processor.
they are a bit ungainly, difficult to stand mount and heavy by modern standards for a box that side, but they can sound great

on the downside, the  components are mostly obsolete, and because of the active eq performed by the processor, its is fairly essential to have the right components
ive managed to find a few substitutions over the years to the 1" and mid drivers - the mids particularly suffer with age, having hifi style foam surrounds that rot, but repairs can be done

With the first PS range getting cheaper now that they have been superseded, the value of PC line kit will be getting lower, but given the right application you could end up with a nice system

but do check them over very carefully first, and dont bother if the processor is not there or is the wrong type!
7567kelsall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7567kelsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:04am
hi there mate all i know is that he has had new b+c comps fitted an he as the right controller with them a dont know what drivers suppossed to be in the pc line av you any idea thease would be used for vocal application an for 475 quid . what do you think or would ya save for some ps 10 s thanks again
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:07am
i think i would go for the ps10's - much more practical to get around

the original driver on the top end was a coral unit ( japanese) which is long since obsolete
7567kelsall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7567kelsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:19pm
cheers thanks for your help Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply