Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help to get 1850 cabinet data to Hornresp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help to get 1850 cabinet data to Hornresp
    Posted: 22 April 2010 at 11:43pm

Hey..

I will se wich driver i can use in the 1850 cabinet. but to do that i need the correct data of the 1850 cabinet to Hornresp, to calculate the frequency.

Can somebody take a screenshot of Hornresp with 1850 data? So i can get started. Smile

Greetings Steven

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 11:58pm
i am pretty sure there are some plots and screenshots in that forum, just have a look at all the topics below and you will find your answer easily...
Steven Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:44pm

Okay i found this: http://forum.speakerplans.com/database-simulation_topic16974_page1.html
So now i have they right data - or have i?

Because I get a very different frequency than Rog do! take a look:

Rog:

My:

Is the input data correct for the 1850 horn??

Greetings Steven
Steven Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 9:13pm
It is not much help to get ...
Is there no one who has seen this problem?
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 4:13pm
I have entered exactly thesame on my input screen and I get this:
"If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough!"
Oscar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 10:06pm
i get the same thing as djyve.....I have a feeling it's because you messed with the Pmax slider.....if I'm not mistaken, once you enter a value for Pmax, the SPL response graph will show power-limited SPL response

I tried simulating 4 cabs in a series-parallel configuration to maintain the same input power, and the graph looks a whole lot closer to the one Rog has in the Plans page...slight humps at ~50Hz and ~100Hz

yup I see it now.....after you hit "Calculate" you went under Tools->Maximum SPL and set Maximum Driver Input Power to 1W and set Xmax to 11.3mm....this effectively tells the program that the speaker being simulated can only handle ONE watt of power (which is incorrect), and calculates the maximum possible SPL given the Xmax that was entered....this is why your SPL graph shows "Pmax 1W  Xmax 11,3mm" at the top, and also the reason the response is plotted incorrectly

Edited by Oscar - 04 June 2010 at 12:14am
Tiaguito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiaguito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 4:43pm
These input data of 1850 are correct?

And another, because the dimensions of the HD1850 are 63.6 x 75 x 95.6 (http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=1850horn) = 456.012 liters. if the simulation of 520.275?? Confused
Look:

Someone has input data which coincides with the plant's HD 1850 ???? Smile

Thanks

Edited by Tiaguito - 30 November 2012 at 4:49pm
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 7:15pm
Horn path is about 165-170cm long.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
Dref View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dref Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 8:18pm
I am pretty sure that sim is taking the phantom horn into consideration.
A proper build subwoofer will be the only thing in a room that is not shaking.
 Post Reply Post Reply