Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 Driver FAQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 8:51pm
both will sound quite different in this cab..
if you are looking for a rather "soft/warm" type of kick you`d prefer the beyma, 154 is rather hard/dry kicking afaik, depends a lot on setup and the sound you are after..

TFfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TFfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 10:13pm
Thank you for your answer. So the Beyma is suitable. 
The problem is i listen to all kind music: From Techno to psytrance to DnB for example.
I think i'm gonna go with the Beyma anyway considering the price
keilamym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keilamym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2014 at 4:20pm

this thread is very helpful..

keilamym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keilamym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 6:40am

when looking at the Kappa and the Kappa Pro in comparison, they are the same price. The Kappa Pro has slightly lower FS and higher XMAX, so can anyone explain why to choose the standard kappa instead of the Kappa Pro? Neither driver is recommended for a sealed box and but the Pro would suggest slightly higher vented air requirements..

thanks.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 8:12am
the HD15 isn't a sealed box for a start
You can't polish a turd!
keilamym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keilamym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 3:36pm
yes cookie...technically its not... it was late and i was sleepy..lol... think i had been looking at to many horn resp results... 

I still don't understand who the standard is chosen was not the pro..  I'm just trying to understand the differences

Edited by keilamym - 29 December 2014 at 3:49pm
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 9:06am
I have 4 loaded with kappa pro lfa2's all I had to put in. didn't sim. I am well happy. Honk with rock music but just drop the hz prob solved. 70-160 above labs. about 400w each.
them in action   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB23lbueZHU I phone vid so sounds horrid . 3 and half min in (about) the guys face says it all...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123